Poor-Quality Roofing and Roof Tile Installation: Why You Should Take This Seriously?03 December 2018
All homeowners must take the quality of their roof seriously since it play a crucial role in the protection of the entire structure, regardless of its size. When the installation of it is properly performed, the roof will last for many years and offer an optimal amount of protection. However, if you receive a poor-quality roofing or roof tile installation, you will be faced with many unfortunate issues in just a short time. You must take this situation seriously as it calls for immediate attention.
What Can Go Wrong With a Roof Installation?
The answer to this question varies depending upon the type of roofing material that is in the roof, but some of the common issues are as follows:
- Too thin of sheathing for weight of roofing materials, especially with cement roof tiles
- Inadequate underlayment between the sheathing and roofing material
- Insufficient nails or other fasteners in the roof installation
- Omission of roof vents to remove hot air from the attic or upper level of the structure
- Misalignment of roofing materials
- Lack of flashing at pertinent areas
Issues That a Poor-Quality Roofing or Roof Tile Installation Can Cause
A poorly performed roof installation can cause the roof to come apart piece by piece for one thing. When the sheathing is not thick enough to support the weight of the roofing material, the roof can collapse into the structure. Leaks also can develop in poorly constructed roofs and can lead to yet other problems. When water enters the house through holes in the roof, it can ruin the insulation, ceiling, walls and flooring along with encouraging the growth of mildew and mould. To repair any of these issues or other problems that come about from a poorly installed roof, it can cost an enormous amount of money.
How to Ensure That You Receive a Quality Roof Installation
To guarantee that your roofing installation is the right quality to protect your structure, you need to ensure that you hire only an experienced roofing company. Select one that uses durable, well-made materials and installs roofs with expert workmanship.
For further details about why you should take a poor-quality roofing or roof tile installation seriously, consult with Higgins Roofing. In fact, we will help you avoid this problem completely in a new construction since we are experts in every aspect of roofing. Also, we can cure any ill-prepared roof in existing structures. Each roofing project that we perform comes with a guarantee of quality and appropriate warranties on the roofing materials.
- Best Roof Restoration Tips
- Invest in Style and Quality with Monier Roofing Tiles
- Design Aesthetics and Benefits of Monier InlineSOLAR for Concrete and Terracotta Roofing
- History of Australian Roof Tiles and Restorations
- How Roof Restorations Can Rejuvenate the Look of Your Home
- Insulation, Ventilation, and Sarking: Monier’s Roofing Essentials that Will Help You Reduce Energy Bills
- Monier’s InlineSOLAR™: A Powerful and Flexible Solar Solution
- Monier™ Concrete Tiles: A Great Fire-safe Option for Your New Year Roofing Project
- Avoid Roof Dents and Warps by Choosing Monier Concrete or Terracotta Roof Tiles
- Monier™ Concrete Flat Tiles and SOLARtiles™ – The Perfect Pair for Solar Roofing