Do Monier® Concrete Tiles Get Stronger With Age?13 December 2018
Concrete is an extremely durable material that is used for many projects today, including roofing. It will stand up to heat, rain and other weather and environmental elements. At present, Monier® is the leading brand of concrete roof tiles and boasts that the concrete in the tiles keeps hardening and strengthening over the years with exposure to the heat of the sun. While this may be difficult to believe, we are here to explain why this is true.
What Is Cement?
The reason that we are explaining cement before we get to the subject of concrete is that many consider the two the same substance. This belief is wrong since cement is seldom used on its own as it is binder for other ingredients. Basic recipe for cement is typically a mixture of shells, limestone and marl or chalk along with clay, shale, silica sand, blast furnace slag, iron ore and slate. Once all of the materials are mixed together at high temperatures, a rock-like substance forms, and it is this substance that is ground down to the fine powder that we know as cement. Portland cement is the most well-known cement at present.
What Is Concrete?
Now that you understand the meaning of cement, we can explain what concrete is today. Concrete consists of a mixture of water, cement and aggregate in the form of sand, gravel or rock. In powder form, the concrete is minus the water. Once the water is added to form a paste, the concrete can be spread and formed into tiles or other shapes depending upon the purpose of the project. For this information, though, we will just be talking about roofing tiles.
Concrete Tiles By Monier® Keep Strengthening Over Time
The concrete in the Monier® tiles keep hardening and strengthening for decades after they are made and installed on your roof. Research shows that concrete can keep strengthening for decades before it even begins to deteriorate. On top of this fact, Monier® makes its concrete tiles from premium materials to ensure that their roofing tiles are as strong and as durable as possible.
Other Information About Monier® Concrete Tiles
- Monier® concrete tiles are fire-resistant
- These tiles are ideal in saltwater areas
- Monier® concrete tiles can handle a variety of pitches down to even 15 degrees with sarking
For further facts about Monier® concrete tiles becoming stronger with age, consult with Higgins Roofing. We specialise in installing all of the roofing options that Monier® offers. Along with our own guarantee of quality workmanship, you will receive a 50-year guarantee from Monier® to cover its tiles.
- Monier Concrete Tile Roof Installation: Expectations on Concrete Roof Tiles
- Re-roofing Specialist Melbourne: What Sets Higgins Roofing Apart
- Monier Terracotta Roof Tiles: Where Traditional Roofing Meets Contemporary Design
- Monier Roofing Products: The Perfect Blend of Form and Function
- Monier Concrete Tile Roof Installer in Melbourne: Experience the Difference with Higgins Roofing
- Monier Shingle Roof Tiles: Transforming Urban Landscapes
- Monier Tile Roofing Supplied by Higgins Roofing: Better than Metal Roofing
- Concrete Roof Tiles Innovation: Improved Durability and Aesthetics
- The Importance of Choosing the Right Materials for Your Roof Restoration Project
- Roof Extension Installation: The Importance of Seamless Roofing System