Monier™ Concrete Tiles: A Great Fire-safe Option for Your New Year Roofing Project30 January 2020
Choosing the right roofing material for your New Year roofing project is important for many obvious reasons such as, it affects the strength, durability, temperature, waterproofing and even fireproofing of your home. However, different roofing materials offer various qualities, so it is almost impossible to get the best of every aspect in one type of material, and that is exactly why homeowners need to weigh their choices wisely.
Concrete is one of the most popular among roof tiling options, and if you are eyeing for a New Year roofing project for your home, it is definitely a roofing material to consider when you think of one of its characteristics: being fireproof. Below is why Monier™ Concrete Tiles is a great fire-safe option for your New Year roofing project.
Monier™ Concrete Tiles are Non-Combustible
If roofing experts have to choose one material from the list of asphalt, wood shingles, metal sheets, and concrete tiles, specifically for fireproofing, they will all recommend concrete roofing. Concrete does not catch on fire, and heat does not harm it because concrete is non-combustible and falls under class A fireproofing material. This means that insurance rates are lower because your house is safer. This is just one of the reasons that so many modern homes use Monier™ Concrete Tiles today as the roofing material of choice.
Monier™ Concrete Tiles are Fire Resistant
As mentioned above, Monier™ Concrete Tiles are completely non-combustible. As a result, they provide excellent protection against radiant heat from bushfires. Monier™ Concrete Tile roofs have been tested and pass the requirement of AS 3959-2009 for fire zoon construction. Monier™ Concrete Tiles are Class A fire rated, the highest fire-resistant rating available. In areas assessed as BAL-13 to BAL-40, sarking with a flammability index of not more than five must be installed under the tiles and cover the whole roof. In BAL-FZ areas, sarking must cover complete roof and extend over hips and ridges. It must also protrude over the fascia by at least 50mm.
Monier™ Concrete Tiles Protects Home from Fire Hazards
Monier™ Concrete Tiles provide superior protection against potential fire hazards such as lightning strikes, stray fireworks, and embers from chimney fires, and electrical sparks from wiring. They also offer protection from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays. Monier™ Concrete Tiles with a ceramic granule coating, which protects the top layer from UV and environmental damage. This increases the life of the roof and also ensures that the thermal performance of your home is above standard.
To discover further facts about the fire-safe benefits of Monier™ Concrete Tiles roofing, consult with our company, Higgins Roofing. We proudly announce that this will be one of our top-quality choices for roof restorations, new roofs, re-roofing projects and roof extensions. Our company will meet with you to provide you a quote upon request and help you choose the right roofing material for your roofing needs and exact specifications.
- Trouble Finding a Long-Lasting Roofing Material? Choose Monier Concrete Roof Tiles
- How to Maximise Your Energy Savings with Monier Solar Roofing?
- How to Spot Poor-Quality Concrete Roof Tiles and Improper Roof Installation?
- DIY Roofing Dangers and the Use of Low Quality Roofing Tiles
- What Makes Monier Tiles an Ideal Roofing Material for Australia’s Modern and Contemporary Homes?
- Decrease Fire Damage Risk with Proper Maintenance and Choose High-Quality Monier Tile Roofing Products
- Tile Mythbusting 101: Know the Truth Behind the Few Myths about Monier Tiles
- Modernise Your Vintage Ancestral Homes with the Best Monier Tile Options from Higgins Roofing
- Reasons Why Autumn Season is a Good Time for Reroofing with Monier Roof Tiles
- The Most Common Safety Hazards in Roofing and Reasons to Call a Professional