Avoid Roof Dents and Warps by Choosing Monier Concrete or Terracotta Roof Tiles14 January 2020
Roof tiles are Australia’s most popular choice of roofing material. They come in a range of colours and profiles and offer great value for money. Monier produces both concrete and terracotta roof tiles in a comprehensive range of on-trend colours and in both modern and classic profiles. Depending on your specific needs, Monier will have a roof tile in either concrete or terracotta that suits your tastes.
Monier Concrete Roof Tiles
Monier’s concrete roof tiles are made from selected concrete, sand and pigments. The concrete used is made to strict specifications and independent testing shows that concrete actually becomes stronger and less porous with age, which is why it is used to build bridges, roads and skyscrapers. With added features such as seamless A-line ridging, concrete tiles can create the ultimate, sleek, clean-line look.
Monier Terracotta Roof Tiles
Terracotta roof tiles have been in use for centuries throughout most of the world and it is not uncommon for them to provide more than century of service. Monier’s Terracotta roof tiles are a natural, kiln-fired clay product that provides a strong, high quality roofing material with good looks and long-lasting resistance to the elements. The fired-in colour of Monier Terracotta roof tiles will never fade and their vitreous coating makes them impervious to moisture, harsh UV rays and corrosive airborne pollutants.
Both Tiles are Durable
Most homeowners and builders opt for either Monier concrete or terracotta tiles rather than the standard metal for their roofs because it guarantees durability. A concrete or terracotta tile roof will not dent or warp and it will not crack if walked on in the correct place, unlike the standard metal that may dent when walking between battens that are 900mm apart as standard.
Strength and Storm Endurance
Concrete and terracotta tiles are proven roofing materials which have been in use for over 100 years. It performs better than sheet metal in extreme wind conditions as wind uplift forces are significantly lower in tiled roofs. Monier concrete tiles tested in lab conditions simulating natural weather exposure shows that it has better colour performance than standard COLORBOND® Steel 4, while there is a lifetime colour performance tested on terracotta tiles.
You can learn further on the advantages of availing either Monier concrete tiles or Monier Terracotta tiles from Higgins Roofing. You can avoid roof dents and warps by simply contacting us. We service all of Melbourne as CSR Roofing Specialists. We are composed of roof tiling experts who perform the installation of Monier and Wunderlich roof tiles in Australia. We continue to service our customers with the utmost desire to offer Australian homeowners the highest quality roofing products and installation.
- Things to Consider Before Deciding On Your Next Tile Roofing Installation
- What are the Key Elements in a Home Reroofing Project?
- Monier Roof Tiles: The Best Weatherproofing Option for Your Home
- Water Pooling and Ponding on Flat Roof Tiles: Why Should it Be Fixed Immediately?
- Do You Want a New Tile Roof? Then Upgrade to Monier Tile Roofing Products
- No to Steel Roofing, Yes to Monier Tile Roofing: Why?
- Roof Replacement for Your Melbourne Home: Hire a Professional Roofing Contractor
- Flat Roof or Pitched Roof Extensions: Monier Concrete and Terracotta Roofing Tiles are Your Best Choices
- Do Monier Roof Tiles Offer Thermal Insulation?
- Monier Roofing Tiles for Roof Extension Projects: Choose the Best for Beauty and Longevity