When your old heritage home requires a new roof, you must be careful to choose roofing tiles that will complement the style of the house in a manner fitting its style and time period. If you fail to do this, you will wind up with two conflicting styles on the same house, and this is not attractive, especially with a heritage house. Also, with this style of house, you can decrease its market value if you do not stay faithful to its overall style. We are here to explain why you can breathe new life into old heritage homes by installing Monier™ roofing tiles.
Types of Monier™ Tiles and Their Attributes
• Concrete tiles from Monier™ contain C-LOC technology to help the tiles retain their colours longer than even COLORBOND® steel. Also, these tiles improve with age since they keep baking and hardening in the heat of the sun. Another advantage is that they are an economical choice for all budget ranges. They are made to endure all of the various Australian conditions including, saltwater exposure.
• Terracotta tiles by Monier™ are handmade from Australian raw materials. It also is important to note that terracotta has just as rich of a history as heritage homes do, if not more so, since the origins of the use of terracotta dates back centuries. You can also rely on Monier™ terracotta tiles to provide you with an energy efficient roof. The colour of these terracotta tiles will last the lifetime of the tiles without fading.
• Elemental™ Series of Monier™ tiles will complement any low-pitched roofs on heritage homes when you select the right model since they are lightweight and withstand any type of environmental condition.
Examples of Specific Styles of Monier™ Tiles That Will Complement Old Heritage Homes in an Ideal Fashion
Below, we suggest just a few styles that we feel are ideal to breathe new life into your old heritage house:
• The Madison option of the concrete tile has a traditional to historic flare that will work ideally in heritage houses as a roof. It provides a sophisticated look to the roof while still being minimalist in nature. You can select from an assortment of colours.
• The Nullarbor style of terracotta tiles creates a sleek, sophisticated, streamlined roof that is suitable for many types of architecture ranging from classic or heritage to highly modern. Numerous colours are available.
• The Shingle profile of the Elemental™ series of tiles has old world charm for your low-pitched roof if applicable. An assortment of colours are available for your consideration.
For further details about how new tile roofs can give old heritage homes a new life with Monier™ tiles, consult with our company, Higgins Roofing. We specialise in installing Monier™ tiles in new roofs, re-roofing projects, roof restorations and roof extensions. You will receive a 50-year product guarantee from Monier™ along with our seven-year guarantee on our workmanship.
Roofing has come a long way throughout the years. Once, it was just a utilitarian feature of the house designed to keep out weather elements. Not much thought went into its design or materials. Today, the roof is as much a part of the style of the home as any other part of the exterior. As a result, there are numerous brands, styles and choices of roofing material on the market at present. To help you narrow down these choices, though, we are here to explain what makes Monier tile roofing your best option versus metal roofing.
Monier Offers You a Wide Assortment of Roofing Tiles
One reason that Monier tile roofing is your best option for your roof in comparison to metal roofing is the fact that is comes in a wide variety of styles, colours and profiles. This fact offers you flexibility in roof design, so that you can create the ideal roof ambiance for your house that you desire. The following are Monier’s style options:
• Concrete tiles
• Terracotta tiles
• Elemental™ tiles – This series of tiles is specially designed for low-pitched roofs
Metal Roofing Has Its Design Limitations
Even though metal roofing has had many innovations over the years, it still has its design limitations. This is another reason to seriously consider Monier tile roofing for your home.
Monier Roofing Tiles Come With a Longer Warranty Than Metal Roofing Does for Your Protection
Most metal roofs had warranties that are valid for no longer than 36 years. On the other hand, Monier issues a 50-year performance warranty on its concrete, terracotta and Elemental™ roofing tiles along with a 50-year colour warranty on its terracotta tiles.
Monier Roof Tiles Do Not Rust or Corrode
Unlike metal roofing materials, Monier tile roofing does not rust or corrode. Metal roofs can do both to their perforation holes.
Monier Roofing Tiles Have Longer Gloss Retention than Metal Roofing
Another advantage of Monier roof tiles is that they have up to eight times the gloss retention of metal roofs. They keep the ideal appearance far longer without the need of refurbishing.
Roof Tiles By Monier Offer Better Thermal Performance than Metal Roofing
Monier has developed tile roofing that provides higher thermal performance than metal roofing does on top of all of the other benefits. Reduce your power consumption year round by choosing roof tiles by Monier.
For further details about what makes Monier tile roofing your best option versus metal roofing for your home, consult with our professional roofing company, Higgins Roofing. We specialise in new roofs, roof restoration, roofing extensions and re-roofing projects. We also are your source for Monier roofing tiles.